Effective Date: 5/6/2021
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We may collect a variety of information from or about you or your devices from various sources, as described below.
Information You Provide to Us.
- Registration and Account Information. If you create an account on our Site, sign up for one of our programs (such as our rewards program, affiliate program, or student discount program), book a virtual consultation through our Site, or participate in one of our quizzes or surveys, we may ask you to provide information such as your name, username, password, email address, address, phone number, and demographic information. We may also collect information about your purchase history and rewards activity.
- Communications. If you contact us directly, we may receive information about you such as your name, email address, phone number, the contents of any message or attachments that you may send to us, and any other information you choose to provide. We will also collect information from you, such as your email address and phone number, when you sign up to receive product updates, offers, and other promotional information or messages from us. When we send you emails, we may track whether you open them to learn how to deliver a better customer experience and improve our Site. You can unsubscribe from our promotional emails or change the frequency of our promotional emails via the link provided in the emails. Even if you opt out of receiving promotional messages from us, you will continue to receive administrative/transactional messages from us, such as order and shipping confirmation emails. Please see our Messaging Terms & Conditions for information about how to unsubscribe from our promotional text messages.
- Purchase Information. If you make a purchase through our Site, we ask for information such as your name, email address, phone number, shipping address, billing address, and payment information (such as your credit card information). Your payment information is processed by a third-party payment processor on our behalf.
- Refer a Friend. If you choose to refer a friend to use our Site, we collect the information about them that you choose to provide to us, such as their email address.
- User Content. We also receive any other information or content you choose to provide to us, such as product ratings and reviews, images, and other information or content that you choose to submit or post on our Site. Please see the “User Content” section under “HOW DO WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION?” below for important information about how this information or content is viewable by other users of our Site.
Information We Collect When You Use the Site.
- Location Information. We may infer your general location information, for example, based on your IP address. If you choose to use certain features of our Site, such as to find Winky Lux products near you, our third-party service provider may receive the location information that you choose to provide through these features, such as your address, state, or postcode.
- Device and Usage Information. When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, such as information about your web browser, Internet service provider, IP address, time zone, some of the cookies that are installed on your device, device identifiers, and advertising identifiers. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we automatically collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, the purchases you make, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, the dates and times of your visits, and other information about how you interact with the Site.
- Information from Cookies and Similar Technologies. We and our third-party partners, such as advertising and analytics partners, may collect information (such as Device and Usage Information) using cookies, log files, web beacons, tags, pixels, or similar technologies. Our third-party partners may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across different websites and online services.
- “Cookies” are small text files that contain a string of alphanumeric characters. We may use both session cookies and persistent cookies. A session cookie disappears after you close your browser. A persistent cookie remains after you close your browser and may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to our Site. Please review your web browser’s “Help” file to learn how you may be able to modify your cookie settings. Please note that if you delete or choose not to accept cookies from the Site, you may not be able to utilize the features of the Site to their fullest potential.
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and are used to collect data such as your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons,” “tags,” and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
Information We Receive from Third Parties.
- Other Third Parties. We may collect additional information about you from third parties, such as data or marketing partners, and combine it with other information we have about you.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We may use the information we collect:
- To provide, maintain, improve, and enhance our Site and related services and programs, such as our rewards program, student discount program, and affiliate program;
- To personalize your experience on our Site, such as by providing tailored content and recommendations;
- To send you product offers and discounts;
- To understand and analyze how you use our Site and develop new products, services, features, and functionality;
- To communicate with you, provide you with updates and other information relating to our Site, provide information that you request, respond to comments and questions, and otherwise provide customer support;
- To update your status on your social networks and to provide other features and services to you;
- To facilitate invitations that you initiate through the Site;
- For marketing and advertising purposes, such as developing and providing promotional and advertising materials that may be relevant, valuable or otherwise of interest to you;
- To assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns;
- To generate anonymized, aggregate data containing only de-identified, non-personal information that we may use for research and development purposes;
- To send you text messages;
- To facilitate transactions and payments;
- To find and prevent fraud and abuse, and respond to trust and safety issues that may arise;
- For other purposes for which we provide specific notice at the time the information is collected.
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- Vendors and Service Providers. We may share your Personal Information with third- party vendors and service providers retained in connection with the provision of our Site. For example, we use Shopify to power our online store--you can read more about how Shopify uses your Personal Information here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy.
- Analytics Partners. We use analytics services such as Google Analytics to collect and process certain analytics data to help us understand how you use the Site and help us improve it. You can read more about Google’s practices by visiting: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/, and learn how to opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
- User Content. If you choose to post information or content on our Site, such as product ratings and reviews or images, please be aware that this information and content will be displayed on our Site and is viewable (and may also be shareable) by others. We are not responsible for other users’ use of available information and content, so you should carefully consider whether and what to post or how you identify yourself on the Site.
- Social Networks and Other Online Services. Our Site allows you to, upon your direction, share information with social networking and other online services, such as Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest. You understand and agree that the use of your information by any social networking websites or other online services will be governed by the privacy policies of these third-party platforms and your settings on that platform. We encourage you to review their privacy policies before sharing any information with them.
- Marketing and Advertising Partners. We work with third party advertising partners to show you ads that we think may interest you. Some of our advertising partners are members of the Network Advertising Initiative (https://optout.networkadvertising.org/) or the Digital Advertising Alliance (https://optout.aboutads.info). If you do not wish to receive personalized ads, please visit their opt-out pages to learn about how you may opt out of receiving web-based personalized ads from member companies. You can access any settings offered by your mobile operating system to limit ad tracking, or you can install the AppChoices mobile app to learn more about how you may opt out of personalized ads in mobile apps. We may also share your information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident, please see the “YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS” section below for more information about this.
- As Required By Law and Similar Disclosures. We may access, preserve, and share your Personal Information if we believe doing so is required or appropriate to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to law enforcement requests or a subpoena, court order, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, to respond to your requests, or to otherwise protect your, our, or others’ rights, property, or safety. For the avoidance of doubt, the disclosure of your information may occur if you post any objectionable content on or through the Site.
- Consent. We may also disclose your information with your permission.
DO NOT TRACK
There is no accepted standard on how to respond to Do Not Track signals, as we do not respond to such signals.
We make reasonable efforts to protect your information by using safeguards designed to improve the security of the information we maintain. However, as no electronic transmission or storage of information can be entirely secure, we can make no guarantees as to the security or privacy of your information.
INTERNATIONAL TRANSFERS OF DATA
Our Site is hosted in the United States and intended for visitors located within the United States. If you choose to visit the Site from the European Union or other regions of the world with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from U.S. law, then please note that you are transferring your personal information outside of those regions to the United States for storage and processing. We may also transfer your data from the U.S. to other countries or regions in connection with storage and processing of data, fulfilling your requests, and operating the Site. By providing any information, including personal information, on or to the Site, you consent to such transfer, storage, and processing.
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
- Shine the Light. If you are a California resident and have provided your personal information to us, you have the right to request information from us once per calendar year regarding the manner in which we share certain categories of personal information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes. Under California law, you have the right to send us a request at the designated address listed below to receive the following information:
- The categories of information we disclosed to third parties for their direct marketing purposes during the preceding calendar year;
- the names and addresses of the third parties that received the information; and
- if the nature of the third party's business cannot be determined from their name, examples of the products or services marketed.
This information may be provided in a standardized format that is not specific to you. Requests for this information must be submitted to us in writing at the following email address: email@example.com.
- Eraser Law. If you are a California resident under the age of 18 that has a registered account on the Site and you wish to remove content that you publicly posted from our Site, you may submit a request by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Removing the public content does not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of the content or information.
ACCESSING/UPDATING YOUR INFORMATION
You can update your account and profile information through your account settings.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e-mail at email@example.com or by mail using the details provided below:
100 Rivington St.
NY, NY 10002